Remailer Phases

Paul Harrison pth at ibuc.com
Wed Aug 8 20:26:58 PDT 2001

Anonymous wrote:
>> And "we" (whoever that is) need traffic, traffic, traffic.  A good
>> mixmaster net importantly includes lots of source address and exit
>> addresses. [...]
>
>Sounds like a good reason to encrypt and distribute the list through
>the mixmaster network.

hmmm.  I would guess that if the list program prepended [cypherpunks]
to every subject, then peoples could still filter and organize posts
even though they arrived from random exit points. One  listop could do
this, and if it was too much of a pain people could resubscribe from a
different CDR node.  It might also provide interesting metrics for both
goodguys and badguys (dropped messages, latency, etc. could all be
measured against a subscription to a non-mixed CDR node.

What are the traffic analysis implications?