Advertisements on Web Pages

Harmon Seaver hseaver at ameritech.net
Wed Aug 8 17:37:48 PDT 2001

phelix at vallnet.com wrote:

> Some discs disable the FF button and the menu button.  You can still skip
> the ads, but you have to skip each ad individually (with the chapter skip
> button).  I recall usenet discussions citing 6 - 8 ads at the beginning of
> some discs.

         I've not had that happen with a single one so far (and as I said,
I've watched quite a few every week for the last two years or so) -- I wonder
if it only works with standalone DVD players, or, if on computer DVD's, if
its a windoze thing, and since I'm using a Mac for that, it doesn't work,
just like other windoze things that they put on some DVD's don't work

--
Harmon Seaver, MLIS
CyberShamanix
Work 920-203-9633   hseaver at cybershamanix.com