Secret Warrants and Black Bag Jobs--Questions

Sandy Sandfort sandfort at mindspring.com
Wed Aug 8 16:06:56 PDT 2001

Black Unicorn wrote:

> I didn't realize any states but Virginia
> still held this old "burglary" definition.
> Are you certain that's current law?

No, but I'm about to leave town on business so I won't be looking it up.  My
recollection is that California law actually IMPROVED from the viewpoint of
the defender.  Prior to a few years ago, you had to make some showing of
fear of great bodily harm or death before you could shoot an intruder.  The
law was changed to make it presumptive that someone in your house was there
for those reasons.

Having said that, I'm not sure if the night vs day distinction was in the
new law or just what I recall from law school.  :'D

 S a n d y