Advertisements on Web Pages

Harmon Seaver hseaver at ameritech.net
Wed Aug 8 13:38:33 PDT 2001

Tim May wrote:

> Yes, we have heard here (or at a physical meeting, I forget which). I
> don't buy many DVDs, but this was discussed. Apparently the trailers and
> ads cannot be fast-forwarded through...something built into the DVD spec
> which allows this.

         Well, I watch a lot of DVD's, probably at least 2, sometimes 4-5 a
week. Not having a TV or VCR, I watch them on my computer, and, at least on
there, I haven't noticed any problems with skipping the ads and trailers.
You have let them start, then hit the menu icon and then play the movie. On
some, the menu also gives you the choice of playing the trailers -- seems
to be a lot of difference depending on company.

--
Harmon Seaver, MLIS
CyberShamanix
Work 920-203-9633   hseaver at cybershamanix.com