Pavlovich

georgemw at speakeasy.net georgemw at speakeasy.net
Wed Aug 8 10:13:56 PDT 2001

Could someone more versed in the law attempt
to elaborate on the logic the judge is applying here?

I mean,  Pavlovich is a Purdue student with a Russian sounding
name, so presumably he lives in Indiana.  As I read it,  the judge
seems to feel that Californai law should apply to Pavlovich
becasue Pavlovich KNOWS that lost of movies are
made in Hollywood,  and even that Hollywood happens to
be in California.

Now,  I could understand the reasoning sort of if the judge had
merely stated that any case where the plaintiff is californian
should be tried in california,  home team advantage and all that,  but
why should it matter that the defendent KNOWS that Hollywood
is in California?  I probably shouldn't admit this,  but
I happen to know that a lot of peanuts are grown in Senegal.
Should I be worried?

George