Traceable Infrastructure is as vulnerable as traceable messages.

Petro petro at bounty.org
Tue Aug 7 19:54:21 PDT 2001

At 1:04 AM -0500 8/7/01, <measl at mfn.org> wrote:
>On Mon, 6 Aug 2001, Petro wrote:
>
>> 	Were that to happen, I'd bet a bunch of new remailers would be
>> in place before the heliocopters were finished refueling.
>
>Obviously you don't run one: the resources required are _not_ trivial, at
>least from the bandwidth perspective.

	No, I don't. I've looked at it a couple times, and even set on up once, but never announced it or did anything with it.

	You imply that the bandwidth requirements are "not" trivial? What's "not" trivial? 128k? That's my home.  512k A phone call to Sprint away (which admittedly would take longer than the helo-refueling).

	Would a cable modem do it?

	How's about on an account in an employee rack at a major co-location facility with dual gig pipes?

	I have ready access to 2 of those, and the other 2 are only a matter of breaking loose with a little more cash (although I would hate to get cable).

	So why don't I run one now? Hassle. Time. I'd rather go riding or shooting than deal with it.
--
http://www.apa.org/journals/psp/psp7761121.html
It is one of the essential features of such incompetence that the person so