Voice crypto: the last crypto taboo

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Tue Aug 7 09:21:23 PDT 2001

    --

On 7 Aug 2001, at 8:19, Dr. Evil wrote:
> I know you were being ironic, but PR is an important
> consideration, far more important than is generally understood
> on this list.

The argument "Using X shows you have something to hide" is
unlikely to impress in a world where most respectable middle
class people have committed  multiple felonies theoretically
worth seven years each.

Similarly, there is much truth in Black Unicorn's argument that
the systematic destruction of potentially inconvenient records is
illegal. However since many other things that large companies
with deep pockets is doing are even more illegal, nothing is
going to stop them from systematically purging records.  The
court will no doubt be unamused by Micorosoft's new email policy,
but it was even less amused by the emails that turned up last
time.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     H9q6eEZeMsGPCWsKCGfr2xddMa6h0gxbjk3/Z/7P
     4O6wKWO9uIpG9Af81TlzJc2iiHMjCsCtR9xpR6VF7