Slashdot | Roasting Sacred Cows

Trei, Peter ptrei at rsasecurity.com
Mon Aug 6 08:00:25 PDT 2001

Not too long ago (less than a year, I think) Jim not only gave the URL,
he included as a MIME attachment the entire page - often 10s of Kb.
He got thoroughly and deservedly flamed for this, and ceased to do
so.

The current situation is far preferable to the old one.

I completely agree that Jim would acheive his goal of communication
far better if he gave a sentence or two explaining why the link is
worth following. However, convincing Jim to do *anything* for the
convenience of others - even to promote his own goals - is very
difficult.

Peter Trei