Traceable Infrastructure is as vulnerable as traceable messages.

Ray Dillinger bear at sonic.net
Mon Aug 6 10:13:56 PDT 2001

On Mon, 6 Aug 2001 mmotyka at lsil.com wrote:

<re: driving remops out of business>
>I'm quite aware of the attack. It's not guaranteed successful yet.

True.  But it beats the snot out of guessing keys.

Offhand, I'd estimate that if three US remops were taken down
forcefully, and the federal law looked as though any other could
be, all but two or three hardcases would cease operating remailers
in the USA.  That would wipe out well over 70% of the remailers,
leaving a very small universe indeed to monitor.

				Bear