Code-I Moronics

Paul H. Merrill PaulMerrill at acm.org
Sun Aug 5 21:09:01 PDT 2001

Being the whore that I am (actually, high priced
call girl) I don't "not tolerate" anything.

"Update" is an ambiguous word.

One can download, from the Microsoft site, patches
for damn near every piece of software that they
sell or have sold in the recent past. Security
patches (actually replacement files, not patches,
for the most part) are a big favorite, though
improved functionality is also popular.

There are also third party products that can be
bought.  For instance, SecureIIS fixes known flaws
and "fixes" buffer overflow exploits that haven't
been found yet. (Yeah, it does what responsible
programmers would have done in the first place.)
Code-Red has not been successful against SecureIIS
enhanced IIS.

If there is some aspect not answered by this
answer, feel free to ask a less ambiguous
question.

PHM

--
Paul H. Merrill, MCNE, MCSE+I, CISSP