Traceable Infrastructure is as vulnerable as traceable messages.

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Sun Aug 5 13:32:37 PDT 2001

    --
On 5 Aug 2001, at 14:17, Sampo Syreeni wrote:
> "Conforming to international treaties" *is* the hip way to
circumvent the
> constitution.

As we recently saw in the money laundering treaties, different
nations have rather different interpretations of international treaties.

Some time back the US government, in flagrant defiance of the first
amendment, but in accord with international treaties, prohibited the
internet publication of drug manufacture information.   Sites were
closed down, only to pop up again in different jurisdictions.  The
sites were simply zipped up, the zip files floated around a while,
then found new homes.

If they cannot stop sites that give information on manufacture of
drugs, they have lost and we have won.   Similarly, as I pointed out
to some nutty nyms who claim to be lawyers, if they cannot shut
down child pornography on usenet, they cannot shut down
alt.anonymous.messages.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     zW4bx+3/mu5osmKYwXYF48PIBXO/A5OJWaqVupwo
     43nVaMDSSAYnIC9+/uyWJJWEH4c+OUEMW0CZ8sYL8