Stranger than anything Rand ever imagined

pablo-escobar at hushmail.com pablo-escobar at hushmail.com
Sun Aug 5 13:23:23 PDT 2001

At 10:54 AM 8/5/2001 -0700, Tim May wrote:
>And there are the restrictions on what _crops_ a person may grow, even
if never sells a single bushel, even a single peanut, on the alleged
grounds that his act of growing a crop will affect what he and his
family buy...and thus this affects the local Safeway store's business!
Call it the "Suppression of Competition and Protection of Special
Interests Ruling." (The usual sources, like Findlaw, have scads of
references. This one is "Wickard v. Filburn.")

>(So, does this "open the door" for regulations on books which urge
people to travel to New York instead of Iowa, on the grounds that these
kinds of books "influence interstate commerce"? The mind boggles at what
lawyers have done to these united states. Time to fire up the ovens and
send them to the showers.)

Si. The hour to create a case of the test we can eliminate policia then legisladores when they show for above.
Free, secure Web-based email, now OpenPGP compliant - www.hushmail.com