Spoliation cites

Aimee Farr aimee.farr at pobox.com
Sat Aug 4 15:53:14 PDT 2001

James wrote:    --

> Black Unicorn's argument seemed to be "Everything is forbidden,
> therefore you need to hire a lawyer who will issue the magic
> incantations to make it legal.

Sadly, that is A DAMN FACT.

> This is nonsense on two counts:
>
> 1.  Not everything is forbidden.

While everything is not forbidden, there is always a way to work the
forbidden into what is not forbidden, and clients usually find it.

> 2.  If everything is forbidden, then lawyers have no magic incantations.

That is a DAMN LIE. The Federal Rules of Civil Procedure and all our other
sources are nothing more than state-endorsed books of shadows. Furthermore,
we have magic wands. It doesn't work unless you believe, you know....

~Aimee