Security Against Compelled Disclosure

Bill O'Hanlon wmo at pro-ns.net
Sat Aug 4 13:57:26 PDT 2001

On Sat, Aug 04, 2001 at 01:28:46PM -0500, Jim Choate wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Aug 2001, Bill O'Hanlon wrote:
>
> > Sure.  And I could find such a thing...where?
> >
> > It would seem that I ought to at least read such a thing, if I've
> > supposedly agreed to it.
>
> Check the email you and I exchanged when pro-dns.net was put on the SSZ
> backbone feed. You agreed to not filter the backbone mail. If you want to
> change that policy feel free, I'll drop your feed and place a 'not a nice
> player' notice next to the pro-dns.net node on the SSZ homepage.

I looked, and I can't find the mail we exchanged, though I do remember
exchanging mail at the time.  Spell out what it is that you think we've
agreed to, and I'll report back with how well I intend to comply, and you
can decide what you want to put on your homepage.

Or not, as you wish.

If it helps, my thoughts on how things should work are in pretty close
alignment with Eric's, and my node is now running his code.  (Eric has
done a nice job of making Majordomo pass only messages from subscribers
to one of the CDRs, plus known remailers.  His work also makes it easy to
scan a bunch of messages looking for mail that didn't make it and add
the message and the user to the node.  The list is substantially more
readable as a result, as many others have remarked.)

-Bill

--
Bill O'Hanlon                                                   wmo at pro-ns.net
Professional Network Services, Inc.                             612-379-3958