Traceable Infrastructure is as vulnerable as traceable messages.

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Sat Aug 4 12:32:50 PDT 2001

    --
On 3 Aug 2001, at 20:59, Ray Dillinger wrote:
> the point is, that's enough.  Both endpoints on such a packet's
> route are participants, obviously.  If they want to shut it
> down, and they have seen such a packet, they have two people
> they can shut down.  Repeat ad nauseam, and the infrastructure
> is destroyed.

This assumes a unity and cohesion that lawless states are rarely capable of.  If a government is so oppressive that it is doing that, government officials will have probably already stolen the wires for the copper, and will not have the technology to figure out what is going on over the ether.

As I posted a few posts earlier, our threat model should be a state like 1990s Russia, not a state like 1950s Russia.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     iuvEcTXaEjdxhvNDFW6tl/mYM/vsSrIMHqt9YOd4
     41rOOe3fLMOd3B0WSk396teZ/1WIy1JSb0P+nrmq5