Gotti, evidence, case law, remailer practices, civil cases, civilit

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Sat Aug 4 10:04:37 PDT 2001

    --
On 3 Aug 2001, at 7:35, Ray Dillinger wrote:
> You are wrong.  I went and looked up the Caterpillar cite he gave.
> It is real.

I, and everyone else with half a brain, has long known that judges frequently say "Hey, we are about to seize a truckload of your documents looking for deep pockets^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hevidence, so don't start shredding.

What we doubt is that it is compulsory to retain incriminating evidence, or to irretrievably publish material that might at some future time be declared a thought crime.  We also doubt that anyone has been punished for such acts in recent centuries.

The current state of the law is illustrated by the Nixon tapes, "The Wind Done Gone", and the DVD ripping code.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     Lv4Or/aRW1ltIKBgGuJ1ievWlkgxLUG7tyjWay9n
     4eKkwOU4Gi6P27UMPbRdhhRkcSn+Ig9HJV9ynm5SA