Laws of mathematics, not of men

Sandy Sandfort sandfort at mindspring.com
Fri Aug 3 22:29:50 PDT 2001

Declan McCullagh wrote:

> Talking about alleged victimless
> crimes allegedly committed by
> list members is irresponsible.*
> The reason it is arguably
> irresponsible is that you are
> endangering someone else's safety.
> Big difference.

I don't follow your logic.  (At least you admit my alleged irresponsibility
is arguable.)  Please tell me how you think referencing an alleged crime
many years in the past somehow endangers anyone's safety today.  I don't
see.  I've committed felonies, you've committed felonies, we've all
committed felonies, over the years.  So what?  What difference can
mentioning it make?  Where is the danger to Tim's safety?  Who represents
that danger and how are my actions the proximate cause of such alleged
danger?

You're a smart and reasonable guy, Declan, and you may be right.  I don't
think so, but I'm open to your argument.