Spoliation cites

David Honig honig at sprynet.com
Fri Aug 3 13:53:14 PDT 2001

At 09:50 AM 8/3/01 -0700, jamesd at echeque.com wrote:

>Lots of people, among them various companies I worked for, have been doing
equivalent things with shredders, selective backup, and so on and so forth,
routinely destroying records, in part because excessive record keeping
could become a disaster in any court case.

>Everyone is doing it, no one has been charged.

After MS was busted, it was widely publicized that it was thereafter
official policy to destroy email after N days.  As if Ollie et al. wasn't
enough.