Gotti, evidence, case law, remailer practices, civil cases, civilit

An Metet anmetet at freedom.gmsociety.org
Thu Aug 2 19:09:59 PDT 2001

Black Unicorn, esquire, wrote:
> (Lesson for other posters- to get legal research for free out of
> Uni, just insult him a lot)...
>
> ...Seriously interested researchers will spend time at the library,
> look up statutes and learn to Shepardize.  I happened to be at the
> law library for an unrelated matter so I wasted 90 minutes looking
> this silliness up for you and the list Mr. May.  I herewith submit
> my invoice, payable on receipt, for more civil treatment, for
> services rendered.

Many people on and off this list have spent a lot more than 90 minutes
researching things, writing posts, writing code, solving math
problems, etc., etc.  Tim May in particular has written thousands of
pages of high quality or entertaining work.

Your complaints about "free research" suggest that you have the sense
that you are more valuable than or superior to other contributors.
While this is couched in civility, one could conclude that this is an
insult, something along the lines of "of course geeks should work for
free, but I'm a lawyer!"  It's a free world, but it might work better
not to insult people, even if the insult is slightly veiled.

(Your spoliation posts have been interesting.  Thank you for writing
them.)