Pi

Alan Olsen alan at clueserver.org
Thu Aug 2 13:37:58 PDT 2001

On Thu, 2 Aug 2001, Eric Cordian wrote:

> Interesting article recently posted on the Nature Web site about the
> normality of Pi.
>
> http://www.nature.com/nsu/010802/010802-9.html
>
> "David Bailey of Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory in California and
>  Richard Crandall of Reed College in Portland, Oregon, present evidence
>  that pi's decimal expansion contains every string of whole numbers. They
>  also suggest that all strings of the same length appear in pi with the
>  same frequency: 87,435 appears as often as 30,752, and 451 as often as
>  862, a property known as normality."

Note that Reed College is known to be one of the best sources of
hallucinigens locally.

I wonder where "10000" or "99999" occurs in Pi?

alan at ctrl-alt-del.com | Note to AOL users: for a quick shortcut to reply
Alan Olsen            | to my mail, just hit the ctrl, alt and del keys.
 "All power is derived from the barrel of a gnu." - Mao Tse Stallman