Red Light Cameras, I don't get it.

cubic-dog dog3 at ns.charc.net
Thu Aug 2 05:46:28 PDT 2001

years ago, when I was a MP in Germany, I used
to chuckle over the red light cameras and camera
speed traps used by the Polizei. Neat idea, never
work in the states, we have a 4th amendment after all.

Then the technology started moving over here. I was
suprised at first, but then, I though about how
many bank cameras had been used to build cases
against bank robbers, and no one ever fussed about
it.

I wasn't very happy about this, but again, no one
ever fussed about cameras in banks, or convience
stores et al.

I still don't like it, years ago, when these
things started showing up in Alexandria Va,
someone posted to the list about it, and no
one even commented. So I figgured it was a
non issue.

Now, for some reason, folks are getting their
panties in a knot over this.

What's the big deal?

Yeah, big brother has a new surveillence tool,
so what?