*Protecting* civil liberties with facial recognition

Brewster Kahle brewster at archive.org
Thu Aug 2 07:20:31 PDT 2001

There do happen to be a large collection (very large) of web images in a free-to-use library, called the Internet Archive...

In fact, these images are on a parallel supercomputer made up of hundreds of linux boxes, so if someone writes the software to do this detection we could run it on the images in the collection.

Let me know how a public library can help.

-brewster