Congress hard at work: Cereal box regulation

Alan Olsen alan at clueserver.org
Thu Aug 2 01:40:28 PDT 2001

On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, Declan McCullagh wrote:

> At 02:52 PM 8/1/01 -0400, Trei, Peter wrote:
> >Politicians have too much trouble justifying their
> >existence to let a chance like this slip through.
>
> Hahahaha. Actually, I'm starting to feel sorry for politicans, especially
> the folks in Congress. Think of it: They have such crude tools available to
> them. They can hold hearings or introduce legislation -- that's about it.
> Not much in the way of options. Poor saps. We should provide more creative
> outlets for them.
>
> Thus we get wacky attempts like Sen. Torricelli's
> don't-email-someone-unless-you-want-to-go-to-jail bill I wrote about for
> Wired today.

It would be worth it to go just for the purpose of asking what they were
going to do about cereal killers.

(Of course, I don't think I could keep a straight face in the building,
let alone in front of those goons...)

alan at ctrl-alt-del.com | Note to AOL users: for a quick shortcut to reply
Alan Olsen            | to my mail, just hit the ctrl, alt and del keys.
 "All power is derived from the barrel of a gnu." - Mao Tse Stallman