Congress hard at work: Cereal box regulation

Alan Olsen alan at clueserver.org
Wed Aug 1 17:41:06 PDT 2001

On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, Trei, Peter wrote:

> I can't give the cite, but I saw this a couple days ago.
> Apparently, some yahoo was slipping racist pamplets
> into cereal boxes on a store shelf.

People used to do that at bookstores as well.  It does not justify Senate
hearings into how to restrict what goes into book.

Oh. I forgot. It is for the Children(tm).

> Politicians have too much trouble justifying their
> existence to let a chance like this slip through.

So far they seem to prove over and over why they should *not* exist.

alan at ctrl-alt-del.com | Note to AOL users: for a quick shortcut to reply
Alan Olsen            | to my mail, just hit the ctrl, alt and del keys.
 "All power is derived from the barrel of a gnu." - Mao Tse Stallman