Forced disclosures, document seizures, Right and Wrong.

Nomen Nescio nobody at dizum.com
Wed Aug 1 02:30:44 PDT 2001

Black Unicorn wrote:
> A legal education is the ultimate dose of practical cynicism.  It
> quickly becomes apparent not that the law isn't perfect, but that it
> is often pretty damn screwed up.  American jurisprudence is about
> _fairness of process_, not justice, or right, or wrong.

Come now, surely justice, right, and wrong are lurking in there
somewhere?

The word "justice" is used frequently by the legal crowd.  For
examples, "the Justice Department", "The Justices of the Supreme
Court", and that blindfolded lady with the scales, all suggest to the
general public that the idea is to somehow provide justice.  Nearly
everybody who is not a lawyer believes that's a service a legal system
is intended to provide.

Perhaps I miss your point.  Is your statement intended as a
condemnation of the U.S. legal system?  Which legal systems do you
believe are about justice, right, and wrong?