Laws of mathematics, not of men

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Wed Aug 1 10:32:59 PDT 2001

At 10:17 AM -0700 8/1/01, Sandy Sandfort wrote:

>It is on this second point that I had a very disappointing interaction with
>Tim at a physical Cypherpunks meeting some years ago.  Tim was carrying a
>concealed knife that did not comply with California's concealed carry laws.
>I mentioned this to him, and he immediately interrupted my explanation by
>saying, "I don't care what the law is, I'll do what I want."  (This from a
>guy who slavishly insures and registers his car.  I guess some laws are more
>equal than others.)

It is utterly irresponsible for you to discuss this on a list
frequented by narcs and informants and even prosecutors.

>Now here's the funny part.  In California, (with some specific exceptions)
>carrying a concealed knife is a felony, while carrying a concealed pistol is
>a misdemeanor (for the first weapons offense).  So given the relative
>severities of the laws, why in the world would you carry a knife instead of
>a gun?  (Insert stupid joke here about an engineer bringing a knife to a gun
>fight.)

So, Sandy, turn me in. Oh, I guess in your mind you just did.

Unbelievable behavior, narcing out a fellow list member. Sandy should
be ashamed.

The prosecutors who read this list must be chortling.

--Tim May

--
Timothy C. May         tcmay at got.net        Corralitos, California
Personal: b.1951/UCSB/Intel '74-'86/retired/investor/motorcycles/guns