Trying again...[jsimmons at transvirtual.com: [OT] DMCA loop hole]

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Wed Aug 1 05:06:11 PDT 2001

To add to what Ken wrote:

* DMCA includes a research exemption that would cover this if
virus writer was known and could be contacted, and probably even
otherwise

* If not know, that's probably because he's violating the law
and, as a felon facing prosecution in multiple jurisdictions,
won't be in a hurry to file lawsuits

* If this were a problem, Congress would soon move to amend the DMCA

-Declan