Making the Agora Vanish | OSINT distributed haven (Intellagora)

David Honig honig at sprynet.com
Thu Apr 19 20:27:11 PDT 2001

At 10:07 PM 4/19/01 -0500, Aimee Farr wrote:
>I think this is a dumb idea. (Again, I mentioned I thought it was BS.) Your
>word choice will still be consistent through the translator. Although if you
>threw in stylistic randomness...I dunno. Big damn difference between pie and
>cake.

The idea is that the Babelfish abstracts a meaning and then projects
it back into some language.  It may well be the case that <given service>
is too mechanical to be of use for stylistic-anonymization.

And as I just posted, you can't use a public server.

>*bablefish* -> to Spanish and back. Screwy. Even typos.
>
>I think that this is a dumb idea (once again I mentioned I I thought that it
>was BS.) Its option of the word still will be constant through the
>translator. Although if you sent in dunno stylistic of the randomness... I.
>Great damn difference between empanada and the cake.
>
>~Aimee

Perhaps the next generation of anonymizing tools will perform linguistic
abstraction
in a way more sympathetic to those nuances.

'Gisting' is the formal term.    But you knew that.