Making the Agora Vanish | OSINT distributed haven (Intellagora)

madmullah at crosswinds.net madmullah at crosswinds.net
Thu Apr 19 01:51:42 PDT 2001

Ray Dillinger writes:
> Give me a few dozen writing samples from each of a
> hundred known
> people, and another writing sample a hundred words
> long from one
> of them under a pseudonym, and I can tell you to
> a 90% probability
> which of the hundred known people wrote it.

Ray you bring up a very interesting point.  Does anyone know of a source for

public domain, or open source, writing analysis software that will do just that

?

Perhaps using such wares for testing purposes one can craft
software to make subtle grammar or spelling or usage alterations
in text based communications in order to defeat this sort of analysis.

E.G. you've got a remailer or portal of some kind that accepts plain text input,

and according
to a set of rules makes shifts, sentence length, punctuation usage, spelling

usage, and
so on, to alter the distinctive signatures associated with the writing patterns

of the person in question.  THEN afterwards this is piped into an encryption

module or just transmitted piecemeal at random timings in order to defeat traffic

analysis.