The Well-Read Cypherpunk

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Thu Apr 19 09:43:25 PDT 2001

I don't think anyone would say "don't read the classics." I'd venture
that they're necessary but not sufficient to achieve True Cypherpunkishness.*

More seriously, there are some concepts that lie behind what the recent
threads calls an agora, and some books help clarify them in more detail
than a mailing list discussion can. I know I've benefited from these
recommendations.

-Declan

* = See the archives