hello, I would like to learn how to hack a bit

Alan Olsen alan at clueserver.org
Thu Apr 19 12:39:29 PDT 2001

Such activities are not as issolated as some might think.  The "Humane
Society" in Portland, OR was caught a number of years ago taking people's
cats and killing them instead of trying to find the owner.

Big scandal, little punishment.

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Declan McCullagh wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 09:51:06AM -0700, Bill Stewart wrote:
> > But the opposite will also get you in trouble -
> > if you allow certain plants to grow on your property,
> > numerous federal agencies will _also_ be very, very angry :-)
> > And if you try to argue that *you're* not growing the plants,
> > the plants are doing the growing themselves,
> > they'll bust you for aiding and abetting plants...
>
> See also these hysterical articles about birds on your property
> (or, in this case, city property).
>
> -Declan
>

> D.C. humane society pleads guilty
> Apr. 18, 2001 05:34 ET
> www.washtimes.com/metro/20010418-82251554.htm
>
> Humane Society In D.C. Chastised For Bird Killings
> Apr. 18, 2001 03:16 ET
> washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A29831-2001Apr17.html

alan at ctrl-alt-del.com | Note to AOL users: for a quick shortcut to reply
Alan Olsen            | to my mail, just hit the ctrl, alt and del keys.
    "In the future, everything will have its 15 minutes of blame."