Making the Agora Vanish | OSINT distributed haven (Intellagor a)

Trei, Peter ptrei at rsasecurity.com
Wed Apr 18 07:01:29 PDT 2001

It isn't always private - I can remember a about a dozen years back,
there was a bit of a kafuffle over certain Florida counties which had
state-sponsored kosher inspectors. I don't remember what happened,
but suspect they were dropped.

Back when I worked in Manhatten, one of our programmers was
a Conservative Jew - he always brought in his own lunch, and
declined to join the rest of us in our forays into Chinatown. Every now
and then  I insisted that the lunch group let him pick the site, and
once we wound up in a truely only-in-New York place; the Milky Way,
a kosher dairy bar on lower Broadway with a spaceship theme.
Among the gleaming chrome, black velvet, and fiberoptic stars,
the black-clothed Hassiddim appeared almost surreal to this goy.
(Imagine the closing scene from "History of the World, Part 1".)

Peter Trei