Making the Agora Vanish | OSINT distributed haven (Intellagora)

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Wed Apr 18 08:54:15 PDT 2001

    --
At 05:29 PM 4/15/2001 -0400, Declan McCullagh wrote:
> If I know a person's meatspace identity and
> ties with religious/social/family groups, I'm far more likely to lend
> them money then if they're using a throwaway hushmail account.
>
> If Bob is doing the latter, he won't get credit in the first place. If
> he's using a known meatspace identity, I can do the research and
> likely succeed.

But people on EBay do use nyms.  Naturally they prefer to do business with
a nym that has a long history of honestly completing deals on EBay.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     bozoFF8pZ3WC8eVjUTzYPNmML3V5P4XS5IwNl8ce
     4iisrxL8cQKwFyCFBpvG7wV86Wzmx6LENVNNQIW/b

We have the right to defend ourselves and our property, because
of the kind of animals that we are. True law derives from this
right, not from the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.

http://www.jim.com/jamesd/      James A. Donald