Making the Agora Vanish | OSINT distributed haven (Intellagora)

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Wed Apr 18 08:51:45 PDT 2001

    --
At 02:11 PM 4/15/2001 -0700, Ray Dillinger wrote:
>Tim;
>
>One thing to consider is the role of "credit histories", or
>virtually any other identity-linked information, in a milieu
>where the people have access to the necessary techniques and
>programs to do those deals.
>
>You sell Alice a credit history on Bob; Bob takes a new
>identity; Alice is back to square one.  Why would Alice
>buy credit histories?

By this argument, obviously the reputational mechanism used by EBay cannot
work, since it is based on freely available pseudonyms, not true names.

Yet EBay is the only internet business that has been continually and
heavily profitable, and its prime asset is its reputational database.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     m7GXB73nK8M1WjN8TNNa5/4yVWul271Iv4GgNzeH
     46f77cWW4rMfcYkTR7iJXl63DB2kiO1QqgqD9Gdc1

We have the right to defend ourselves and our property, because
of the kind of animals that we are. True law derives from this
right, not from the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.

http://www.jim.com/jamesd/      James A. Donald