Making the Agora Vanish | OSINT distributed haven (Intellagora)

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Wed Apr 18 08:50:00 PDT 2001

    --
At 02:06 PM 4/15/2001 -0700, Ray Dillinger wrote:
> This is true, but look at the mechanisms for enforcing contracts
> that they *do* use.  Most of them are not compatible with anonymity,
> and only a few are compatible with pseudonymity.

A common mechanism that they do use in Australia is an old school tie.
Such a mechanism can be readily adapted to anonymity.  For example one
could have anonymous credentials proving that this person is a member of a
certain group, credentials that the group can use to identify him as a
specific member of the group, but which outsiders cannot use to determine
which specific member of the group he is.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     47YeAg9+TArpQDzL5n7RWzi2JSPVpZzn0gZb7A85
     4mjN0t0N0+mSUv3M166tnHiT/IUk9mF3TfmBWJ+s8

We have the right to defend ourselves and our property, because
of the kind of animals that we are. True law derives from this
right, not from the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.

http://www.jim.com/jamesd/      James A. Donald