Making the Agora Vanish | OSINT distributed haven (Intellagora)

James A. Donald jamesd at echeque.com
Wed Apr 18 08:41:55 PDT 2001

    --
At 02:06 PM 4/15/2001 -0700, Ray Dillinger wrote:
>Mafia Bosses don't buy information from someone when they don't know
>where that someone lives.  It's the exact same enforceability of
>contracts problem that other parts of society uses lawyers to deal
>with.  Legbreakers or cops, basically they have the same job with
>regard to contract enforcement.  There has to be a hook where someone
>who does a ripoff can be punished, or else there is no deal.

Untrue.

Most people operating an illegal busines much prefer to have arrangements
that do not require the threat of breaking people's arms and legs.  An old
school tie much reduces the cost of doing business.

You do not want to know where someone lives, you want to know if he can be
trusted.  Indeed, if you know where someone lives, he probably knows where
you live.  Far better if both know the other can be trusted, and neither
knows where the other lives.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     88pjABj2EWfGPnrfWn8iaMIb+s7svtPTNRQxo8m6
     4NqKVPIlwFuXqTAR6wLecxQhkb0GnZI/B/bgxX3Id

We have the right to defend ourselves and our property, because
of the kind of animals that we are. True law derives from this
right, not from the arbitrary power of the omnipotent state.

http://www.jim.com/jamesd/      James A. Donald