The Culture of Secrecy, Disinformation, and , Propaganda...

Harmon Seaver hseaver at ameritech.net
Tue Apr 17 20:53:04 PDT 2001

      And what has happened as a result is that for the most part it has become
almost useless, unless you happen to be able to get an ISP with enough
diskspace. My current ISP, ameritech, for all it's other faults, has the best
newservers I've had access to in 5 years. There's literally *months* old posts
on there, so you can follow whole threads.
      Most other ISPs keep a week, or less. Understandable, but worthless for
the tech groups. I really wish they'd split usenet up-- take the binary junk
elsewhere, although most ISPs will tell you it's the binarys that most of the
customer base want, not the techie info.

--
Harmon Seaver, MLIS
CyberShamanix
Work 920-203-9633   hseaver at cybershamanix.com