Stalking Louis Freeh

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Tue Apr 17 22:49:39 PDT 2001

At 5:38 PM -0700 4/17/01, Ray Dillinger wrote:
>On 17 Apr 2001, Dr. Evil wrote:
>
>>>			 Although ChoicePoint says it has records
>>>                       on nearly every American with a credit card,
><snip>
>>>                       Journal. But entering the name of FBI
>>>                       Director Louis Freeh into the Autotrack
>>>                       database produces an error message. A
>>>                       company spokesman says ChoicePoint
>>>                       intentionally blocks Mr. Freehs records as
>>>                       an act of good corporate citizenship.
>
>I think I'd have called that *BAD* citizenship, actually.
>If it turns out they are wilfully concealing evidence of
>crimes, don't they wind up charged as accessories?

Scienter...they're not accessories if they are not aware of possible
criminal action, least of all if they are blocking access to a
_class_ of persons.

What law school did you say you're attending?

--Tim May
--
Timothy C. May         tcmay at got.net        Corralitos, California
Personal: b.1951/UCSB/Intel '74-'86/retired/investor/motorcycles/guns