Making the Agora Vanish | OSINT distributed haven (Intellagora)

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Tue Apr 17 15:41:31 PDT 2001

Protection racket? Nah. More like "I won't buy a lamp that's not
UL-certified" or "I won't buy a novel that Oprah doesn't recommend."

Kosher rating systems are a wonderful example of private reputation
systems. There are hundreds of rating agencies; they seem to generally
coexist -- folks who are sufficiently interested can rely on whichever
they choose, or none at all.

-Declan