Timothy McVeigh

Jon Beets Jon.Beets at pacer.com
Tue Apr 17 11:50:54 PDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Cordian" <emc at artifact.psychedelic.net>
To: <cypherpunks at einstein.ssz.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2001 1:18 AM
Subject: Timothy McVeigh

> I keep thinking of bomber pilot who fired a two-thousand pound concrete
> and steel piercing munition into an air raid shelter full of civilians,
> including children, in Iraq.  When's the last time you heard anything
> about his "REMORSE" on the tube?]

Hmmm lets see, if I remember right that actually was not an air raid shelter
it was a military hold which the people of the community were told was
"safe" to hide in...  Or am I just to believe that is our own government
propaganda?

> > He has admitted he is guilty.
>
> [Yes, Tim McVeigh, a veteran of the Persial Gulf War, which killed a
> hundred thousand people during the war, and a million and a half
> afterwards by wrecking the Iraqi economy, returned home to the US, and
> judged the US Government's behavior at Waco by the same standards he had
> been taught to use against the Iraqis.

Hmm I guess all the Kuwaiti's that the Iraqi's killed brings nothing into
this equation of yours? Including the removal of Kuwati babies from their
incubators so the iraqis could take the equipment.. Oh yea and the Kuwaiti
commanders that were hung at the main gate of Al Jaber AB and their body's
left there for several days for everyone to see..  And before you say that
both of these did'nt happen I have been there twice for several months and
have seen the photgraphs and personally talked to the people that were
witness to it.. It did happen.

> Hey, it's not our fault the government didn't deprogram their killer
> before returning him to civilian life, and he still had a conscience
> left.

Apparently you have never been in the military... Because you have no real
idea how the common soldier is taught or trained.. You probably have all
your training from watching Full metal jacket baout 40 times....

Too bad the government has'nt deprogrammed you yet.... Because your cheese
done fell off your cracker... (Okay so I stole that line from the Green Mile
:)

> You better put some ice on that, Oklahoma.]
>
> > He refers to the precious 19 children he murdered as "collateral
> > Damage" and his only regret is that "their deaths proved to be a
> > public relations nightmare that undercut his cause" ...
>
> > OF ALL THE GALL!!!!
>
> [Seems to be that "collateral damage" has always the government's favorite
> term for all the civilians that got blown up, napalmed, shot, and
> otherwise met a sticky end because we were targeting something nearby and
> they were in the way.
>
> I don't recall anyone saying "OF ALL THE GALL" when the Pentagon
> spokesperson joked about the unlucky civilians who just happened to be
> crossing the bridge when we blew it up.  Of course, they doctored the
> video by running it faster to make it look like there was no time to make
> any other decision.  Clever, these spokes-weasels.
>
> Perhaps the term "collateral damage" will now be retired because of its
> association with Tim McVeigh.  Perhaps the government could hold a
> jingle-writing contest to coin a new term for humans in the way when
> America, the country that never apologizes, chooses to send a political
> message with bombs and tanks.
>
> Of course, if the 19 kids had been in an Iraqi government building, we
> would be referring to them by the politically correct terminology - "Human
> Shields."]

> > The Pictures of these children and the adults will always be in our
> > minds...
>
> [The advantage of being able to give the victims unlimited airtime to
> gripe over their loss.  When's the last time you saw a 1-hour special of
> the Waco Victims' favorite family videos?  No firemen holding dead babies
> for the cameras there.

Ohh I get it so we should'nt mourn over these individuals?   Ok they
deserved it because they were working there... and the kids across the
street at the day care center deserved it too....  Interesting though the
people in waco were given the chance to come out on their own several
times..   Do I believe that the government got together and decided to kill
everyone at the Waco compound? NO... Do I believe the governement made a
mistake at Waco... YES...  Do I believe Timothy McVeigh sought out to kill
everyone he could at the federal bldg... YES..

Now going with your logic... I accidently and by bad judgement caused a
wreck in my car.... I killed some people.. Should I be disciplined..  Most
likely.. Should I die?.. Most probably not.   Now you saw the accident and
decided that because I was working for this certain company when I did it
that your going to take your car and purposely run everyone traveling in
that a company's van off the road and whne you do it you cause a 6 car
pileup killing even more people..  Does this makes sense..  Certainly not..
Unless your insane....

> Hey, did we ever rebuild all those neighborhoods we flattened in Panama?]
>
> > 168 innocent people died that day. This man murdered them ... please
> > do not make him some sort of hero ..He wants part of the proceeds to
> > go to the Oklahoma City Memorial ...
>
> [How innocent are civilians, really?  They pay their taxes.  They buy the
> bombs.  Sometimes, as happened recently in the Zionist Entity, they elect
> a mass-murdering war criminal as their leader in an overwhelming
> landslide.

Okay so by your logic again, he should have come by your house and blown you
up too...

> The notion of not attacking civilian populations is really a very recent
> invention.  Convenient, at the present time, for the US to bray mightily
> over.]
>
> > the OKC MEMORIAL Declines the money......
>
> > Send the Money to the Memorial ......
>
> > but PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS BOOK....!!!!!!
>
> > Thank you.... and remember the precious children. so innocent....
>
> [Well, precious when it is convenient for their charred bodies to be
> featured in a photo opportunity, for political purposes.
>
> Sentient property for most other functions they are made to perform.]
>
> > Please pass this on to everyone you know, so this monster does not get
> > any more publicity, that is all he wants is the publicity.
>
> [Oh, I don't believe for an instant Tim McVeigh blew up the Murrah
> building because he wanted to become famous.
>
> It was a calculated political act, for which he expected to sacrifice his
> life, in order to create "consequences of significance" for the
> government, for its behavior at Waco, Ruby Ridge, and numerous other
> places.
>
> We may disagree with what he did, but let's not play propaganda games by
> trying to trivialize and belittle his actions, and portray them as some
> attempt at shameless self-promotion.]
>
> > Paul Hinchey, Captain Guymon Fire Dept.
> > Guymon, OK
>
> Thank-you, Paul.  You may go and polish the fire truck now.
>
> George Orwell once characterized the future as a "boot stomping on a human
> face, forever."
>
> A better picture of the future might be a decorated Gulf War veteran,
> strapped to a board, needles injecting poison into his veins, while an
> enraptured audience of hundreds watches on TV, and the voice of Big
> Brother explains to them that this is what happens to people who confuse
> Truefacts with Goodfacts.

> There are few more dangerous lines that a government may cross, than to
> kill citizens for committing purely political acts, even when those acts
> result in massive loss of life.
>
> In an ideal world, McVeigh would be a soldier who malfunctioned, a person
> to be pitied.  Of course, in an ideal world, the acts which drove McVeigh
> to act would never have been committed.

Drove him?  Drove him how?   You think the only way to make change in this
country is to do violent acts?  He was not a soldier who malfunctioned.. He
was a man who made a decision and know he must pay for it..  Executions
should be public just like the trials.. Otherwise we are no better than
other countries where even the accused is represented by someone who works
for the government... Hmmm.. I guess you did'nt learn everything you needed
to know about life in kindergarten...
If you wanna make change... Then become a public a voice.... Do you do
anything more than sit in here and talk.. Does change happen overnight..
Hell no....  All that the violence is doing is giving the government more
ammo to say "See.. told ya so"

> Time will tell whether the McVeigh execution will appease the families of
> those his bomb killed and injured.  Time will also tell if this
> closed-circuit demonstration of unstoppable government power against the
> individual will create another thousand Timothy McVeighs.

Probably will.. After all there are thousands of insane people out there...

Jon Beets