Making the Agora Vanish | OSINT distributed haven (Intellagora)

Neil Johnson njohnson at interl.net
Mon Apr 16 19:34:43 PDT 2001

I was listening to a radio program on NPR (The cypherpunks favorite statist
medium :) ).

They were discussing the problems with the certification of kosher food.

Evidently there are many different organizations with differing ideas on
what it takes to be kosher.

They interviewed one restaurant owner who follows kosher practices and has
been certified by a rabbi.

However, the local kosher certification organization says he isn't because
he doesn't have a full time rabbi on staff in the kitchen (who just happens
to HAVE to be from their organization). So most orthodox Jews won't eat
there.

Kind of sounds like a "protection racket" to me.

Neil M. Johnson
njohnson at interl.net
http://www.interl.net/~njohnson
PGP Key Finger Print: 93C0 793F B66E A0C7  CEEA 3E92 6B99 2DCC