secret-admirers mailing list (was Re: Cypherpunks, Feds, and , Pudgyfaced Voyeurism)

Jim Choate ravage at ssz.com
Mon Apr 16 18:28:38 PDT 2001

Hi Brian,

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, Brian Minder wrote:

> The "secret-admirers" list strips all headers (except the Subject:) from
> submissions and is gatewayed to/from alt.anonymous.messages.  The list
> intro may be found below.  If there was enough interest, it could be
> hooked up to the CDR instead, or made standalone.

I've been thinking about your project, I like your idea and wish you the
best. I don't think it would be appropriate for the CDR because we have a
specific focus (that does include anonymity) and it doesn't include being
a mule for a stream of anonymous messages of god knows what subject
matter. I will be including information on the SSZ CDR homepage about it,
unless you object.

On the other hand, if you find that your single server can't handle the
load please keep me in mind. I have the resources to support such a
mailing list and especially like the 'distributed' nature you refer to.
Once I get my part of the 'Hangar 18' Plan 9 resource space up and running
I hope to use my 'igor' remailer project for something quite similar. I'm
sure there will be room to collaborate once I get my ducks in a row.

            The ultimate authority...resides in the people alone.

                                             James Madison

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com