The Mirror - Sensitive laptop left in taxi

Jim Choate ravage at ssz.com
Mon Apr 16 17:41:03 PDT 2001

On Mon, 16 Apr 2001, Declan McCullagh wrote:

> This Choatian post is even more useless than the normal one-liner.
>
> In the time it took (apparently) the ssz node to redistribute the
> message, the article has been replaced with one about sex attacks in
> London. (that may be more interesting, but that's not the point.)
>
> The moral of this story is be cautious when redistributing URLs to
> dynamic content.

Silly me, and if I'd included even a single line if text the British
tabloid wouldn't have removed the page about the secret carrying laptop
left in a cab. Or that the 'owner' hadn't advised his superior of the
loss until after security was aware of it.

Actually this is a perfect example of why pet view isn't any more
effective or efficient than mine.

            The ultimate authority...resides in the people alone.

                                             James Madison

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com