The Theory of the corporation

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Mon Apr 16 02:56:13 PDT 2001

On Mon, Apr 16, 2001 at 12:23:15AM -0500, Jim Choate wrote:
> if it's not a sports team it's emotional coercion via a SO. If it's not
> that then it's self-imposed psychological 'benchmarks' we all pick up and
> try to measure ourselves against. If it's not one thing, it's another.

This badly misrepresents, or misunderstands, what "coercion" is when
most of the rest of us talk about it.

Hint: It has to do with the initiation of force, often through the
application of government power, not with your mother saying "you'd
better look nice for dinner tonight with Great-Aunt Suzie."

-Declan