Making the Agora Vanish | OSINT distributed haven (Intellagora)

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Sun Apr 15 14:29:50 PDT 2001

On Sun, Apr 15, 2001 at 02:11:56PM -0700, Ray Dillinger wrote:
> You sell Alice a credit history on Bob; Bob takes a new
> identity; Alice is back to square one.  Why would Alice
> buy credit histories?

Not everyone will choose to be lost in the Net.

So the solution is simple: I sell Alice a new report on Bob's new
identity, after doing the appropriate research and employing the
relevant investigators.

All credit is a gamble. If I know a person's meatspace identity and
ties with religious/social/family groups, I'm far more likely to lend
them money then if they're using a throwaway hushmail account.

If Bob is doing the latter, he won't get credit in the first place. If
he's using a known meatspace identity, I can do the research and
likely succeed.

-Declan