Making the Agora Vanish | OSINT distributed haven (Intellagora)

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Sun Apr 15 14:53:29 PDT 2001

At 5:29 PM -0400 4/15/01, Declan McCullagh wrote:
>On Sun, Apr 15, 2001 at 02:11:56PM -0700, Ray Dillinger wrote:
>>  You sell Alice a credit history on Bob; Bob takes a new
>>  identity; Alice is back to square one.  Why would Alice
>>  buy credit histories?
>
>Not everyone will choose to be lost in the Net.
>
>So the solution is simple: I sell Alice a new report on Bob's new
>identity, after doing the appropriate research and employing the
>relevant investigators.
>
>All credit is a gamble. If I know a person's meatspace identity and
>ties with religious/social/family groups, I'm far more likely to lend
>them money then if they're using a throwaway hushmail account.
>
>If Bob is doing the latter, he won't get credit in the first place. If
>he's using a known meatspace identity, I can do the research and
>likely succeed.

And to make sure that Ray Dillinger is not confused, let me point out
that my "credit rating data haven" is not necessarily for cyberspace
nyms. Rather, it's for the meatspace world of credit evaluation.

The point of moving it outside a jurisdiction like the U.S., and
perhaps beyond _any_ physical jurisdiction, is because meatspace
credit data bases and reporting services are heavily regulated.

(Also a good reason why seller-untraceability is as important as
buyer-untraceability.)

--Tim May
--
Timothy C. May         tcmay at got.net        Corralitos, California
Personal: b.1951/UCSB/Intel '74-'86/retired/investor/motorcycles/guns