GPS bugs (was: Jim Bell Trial: Third Day (fwd))

Phillip H. Zakas pzakas at toucancapital.com
Fri Apr 13 18:18:03 PDT 2001

this could have been a cell transmitter (like a cell phone).  a digital
phone is very difficult to 'sweep' for, and the powersupply could be a
parallel string of small batteries providing several days of xmit power.
more battery conversation could be had using a voice operated microphone.
as for location identification, perhaps this configuration could use the
same cell phone triangulation techniques introduced a few years ago for 911
help (not gps based.)  just speculation of course.
phillip