Recommendations for RSA in C++

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Fri Apr 13 15:42:52 PDT 2001

There's always "RSA in N lines of Really Ugly Perl" :-)

RSA only takes a couple of operations - easy to write it yourself
if you've got a bignum package, like the GMP Gnu Multiple Precision
math package.  The harder part, if you need to implement it also,
is finding big primes, but you may find code for that also.

Most or all of the international versions of PGP don't use RSAREF.
If you can find a version of "PGP 2.3" or earlier,
it predates the RSAREF code use, and is much smaller than
modern PGP bloatware (largely through lack of a GUI.)
Depending on the licenses those use,
you may be able to snag their code.