GPS bugs (was: Jim Bell Trial: Third Day (fwd))

Reese reeza at flex.com
Fri Apr 13 02:14:27 PDT 2001

 >> >The bug transmitted on an RF frequency.  Bell had mentioned to friends
 >> >that he believed that he had been bugged, but lacking an RF frequency
 >> > analyzer, he had been unable to find the bug.  He apparently was
 >> >concerned that both his house and car were bugged.  Although why he
 >> > didn't hire the services of a "bug-sweeper" is beyond me.
 >>
 >> Didn't Bell use a field strenth meter (output to vibrator in pocket)
 >> to direction-find the spook in the Libertarian Party meetings?
 >
 >I was wondering that myself.

Perhaps the issue was the quality of RF field strength meter.  It may've
been that the bug would detect motor-running condition, and broadcast for
n minutes after motor-off condition, burst mode or other.  Alternators
produce a considerable RF field themselves, stereo shops have a brisk
business in selling RF suppressors to do-it-yourselfers who upgrade their
automobile's stereo.

my .02ยข to the philosophical puzzle,,,