How do we expect to even find them, when they're using mixmasters to

Sampo Syreeni decoy at iki.fi
Wed Apr 11 14:17:40 PDT 2001

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, Eric Cordian wrote:

>If anyone thinks the dissemination and viewing of zero-cost child porn
>made possible by digital photography and the Internet involves only
>"pedophiles", each of whom is slowing working their way up to victim
>number 300, they need to unplug the Sex Abuse Agenda from their sphincter,
>and grab a clue.

Especially so since, in the absence of law enforcement interference, a
limited online supply can serve a huge body of viewers. This makes the
problem impossible to solve on the demand side. The rational response would
be to go back to plain old police work for those few producers that actually
harm kids, treat the cases without explicit regard for the sexual nature of
the deeds (if there is physical violence, that's punishable quite without
specialized KP statutes), and let the images stay online to satisfy what
demand there is. In fact it might not be a bad idea to saturate the market
by putting the stuff in the public domain and allocating some of the
considerable law enforcement anti-KP budgets to run the servers. At least
the financial incentive to produce more KP would come down considerably.

Sampo Syreeni, aka decoy, student/math+CS, Helsinki university
email: <decoy at iki.fi>, website: http://www.iki.fi/~decoy/front